718-448-4100 | 224 Morningstar Rd Staten Island, NY 10303
Cabin Air Filter
Morningstar Auto Parts: Cabin Air Filter
Since 2000, cars and trucks come equipped with a cabin air filter that keeps the air inside your cabin clean. Besides improving in-cabin air quality, your cabin air filter removes dirt that can flow into your car's AC system. Dirt can clog your AC system and cause the expansion valve to fail. Filters range in price and quality. High-performance vehicles are driven in Staten Island often contain a cabin air filter with a HEPA rating. Always replace your cabin air filter with the one recommended in your car or truck owners' manual.
Located just behind the glove box, the air filter will filter the air coming through the car's AC system to prevent dust and pollen from entering the cabin and your lungs. Many drivers in Staten Island suffer from allergies. If you have allergies, we recommend replacing your cabin filter regularly. Replace the cabin air filter every 15,000 to 25,000 miles. The cabin air filter is easily accessible on most vehicles and many drivers in Staten Island choose to replace the filter themselves. Call 718-448-4100 or stop by the store today at 224 Morningstar Rd and let us help you find the right cabin air filter for your car.
7 Steps For Replacing Your Cabin Air Filter
- Open the glove box. Your cabin air filter is normally located behind the glove box.
- Remove the limiting stop arm on the right inside of the glove box by sliding it off the pin.
- Grasp the front and back of the glove box and squeeze them toward each other. Once the clamps pop free simply slide the glove box down. Now you can see the faceplate to the cabin air filter.
- Lift the latches on the sides of the faceplate and move it out of the way. Very carefully, pull out the old cabin air filter. As you remove the old cabin air filter, notice which way the "direction of the airflow" arrows are pointing.
- Clean the filter chamber with a damp cloth and check the seals.
- Snap-in the new cabin air filter. Make certain the "direction of the airflow" arrows are pointing in the right direction.
- After the cabin air filter is in place, reassemble the faceplate and the glove box, and put the limiting stop arm back in place.
Everyone over at Morningstar Auto Parts are by far some of the most friendliest people out there; not to mention knowledgeable. Need parts in a hurry, give these guys a call. They look to get you what you need and if they don't have something in stock they make sure they can get it for you. Do yourself a favor and give these gents a call if your in need of some auto parts!